Active Storage set the standard for ease-of-deployment and monitoring of self-contained RAID systems for Media and Apple users by developing the worlds first Native Mac OS X storage managements suite.
In our quest to deliver the best experience possible, Active Storage introduced the first iPhone Storage Monitoring App.
Once again Active Storage is re-inventing the ease of management by bringing our ActiveRAID storage managements suite to Windows. Same familiar look and feel, same ease of use.
Active Admin features a guided set up, providing you a simple, intuitive process - whether it’s one ActiveRAID or many. And because it’s OS X native, you won’t have to deal with browser based application limitations and non Apple-like interfaces.
Management of the ActiveRAID is further simplified by the modern design of the RAID controller and the RAID Kernel. Many of the tasks required to setup and maintain earlier systems are not required.
To create a truly hassle free set up, Active Storage designed a Cocoa management application, with the emphasis on ease-of-use. Our Native Mac OS X management suite starts with Active Admin.
Active Storage began by breaking up the common grouping of administrative and monitoring functions found in single tools. User studies told us that the grouping of admin and monitoring was easier for the programmers, but was highly limiting in ease of use, as RAID systems became more complex with features such as active/active redundancy and secondary expansion systems.
Most admin tasks are done in initial setup, or when updating or changing configurations which is infrequent. Where as, the monitoring is often daily. By separating out the setup and admin functions, Active Storage was able to make the Admin process more automated and guided, making the task much less laborious than with other systems.
Active Admin is a no-hassle management tool for a system that requires virtually no management!GUIDED SET UP
Active Admin features a guided setup making setting up one or fifty ActiveRAIDs easy. Because Active Admin is Mac OS X native, you won’t have to deal with browser based application limitations and non Apple-like interfaces. To make setup even easier, we added true Bonjour discovery. The guided setup gets you up and running in minutes, and allows changes to be made on the fly without memorization of difficult commands or referring to long manuals.EASE OF USE
Active Admin is not only easy to use; it’s easy to get started with. Management is performed “outof- band” over Ethernet. And because Active Storage built in Bonjour, you won’t have to memorize IP addresses or use serial ports to initially talk to your RAID. If your Mac is on the network, you are ready to manage your ActiveRAID. Choosing the best-optimized configuration for your application is automatic, as are software updates and non-disruptive Firmware updates. Active Admin is as powerful as it is easy. Management of the ActiveRAID is further simplified by the modern design of the RAID controller and the RAID Kernel. Many of the tasks required to setup and maintain earlier systems are just not required.KEY FEATURES
- Smart - Separate admin and monitoring offer intuitive use and added security
- Simple - Modern RAID controller and kernel design simplifies management
- Fast -Make configuration changes without lengthy commands or tedious manuals
- Familiar - Native Mac OS X: no browser based application limitations or annoying interfaces
- Instant - Easy, automated and non-disruptive software and firmware updates
- Timely - Get up and running in minutes—not hours
- Automatic - True Bonjour discovery enables simple point and click administration
- Optimized - Auto-configuration for optimization in complex environments
- Guided Setup assistance can be used to optimize configuration of a single system in a single location, or multiple systems in single or multiple locations
- Active Admin features 128 Bit SSL security
- On-line portal support for analysis of event log transactions
- Proprietary Performance Profiling for determining future requirements